One of the biggest employers in the country, Walmart gives potential employees the choice of working in the retail, distribution, or food industries.
Here’s everything you need to know about Walmart’s minimum age restriction if you’ve just turned 16 and want to apply for a job with this large retail company.
Does Walmart Hire At 16 In 2022?
As of 2022, Walmart will continue to hire 16-year-olds for jobs including cashier, stocker, and cart attendant. Thousands of 16-year-olds are currently employed by Walmart, earning between $11 and $14 per hour. It’s wise to keep in mind, though, that not all positions at Walmart are open to 16-year-old applicants.
At What Age Does Walmart Hire?
Walmart is one of the top options for young people seeking employment because it is the largest private employer in the U.S. Walmart establishes a minimum hiring age of sixteen for entry-level store jobs since customers can buy alcoholic beverages and tobacco products there. You must be at least 18 to apply for managerial positions or jobs requiring the use of machinery.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Walmart?
The minimum age requirement for employment at Walmart is 16 years old. However, certain professions need a minimum age of 18.
How Much Does A 16-Year-Old Make At Walmart?
To assist customers in transporting their goods, Walmart frequently hires teens as cart pushers when they first start working there. For many newly employed teenagers, this is typically their first job.
However, teenagers who want to advance inside the organization have different opportunities. For instance, a program in some stores enables staff members to move to the cashier position after three months of service.
These jobs can pay between $11 and $14 per hour for those that put in a lot of effort. Even though this varies according to seniority and region, it is still a high salary compared to other retail establishments.
Many Walmart locations also provide training opportunities to help employees advance their careers and raise their earning potential.
Available Entry-Level Positions For 16-Year-Olds
Walmart, the biggest private employer in the world, offers a wide range of jobs. Numerous entry-level positions are available at most shop locations for teenagers, ranging from box packing to working as a cashier or creating window displays.
These are Walmart entry-level positions available to 16-year-olds:
- Stocker: An entry-level position known as “stocker” includes organizing backroom areas, stocking shelves, unloading and loading shipments, and building displays. The stocker must assist consumers in finding items and respond to any queries they may have. Additionally, they guarantee that the places in and around them are constantly spotless.
- Cashier: Cashiers at Walmart have additional duties in addition to ringing up sales and bagging consumer merchandise. These include responding to consumer queries regarding their products, managing product returns, and notifying clients of ongoing promotions and business guidelines.
- Fresh Food Associate: Customers constantly receiving fresh and high-quality food is the responsibility of fresh food associates. They are in charge of replenishing shelves with fresh supplies and exchanging unhealthy foods for healthier ones. Additionally, fresh food associates keep the store’s food departments clean.
- Cart Attendant: By gathering carts at the parking lot, your job as a cart attendant is to assist consumers in getting everything they need in the quickest amount of time. You should also ensure that the flooring and restrooms are clean and assist clients with their purchases.
Potential employees can visit Walmart’s career page, register, and choose a store in their area to apply at.
There are many entry-level jobs at Walmart for teenagers, whether you want to work in the produce section, stock shelves in the toy aisle, or enthusiastically hand out ice cream samples.
How Fast Does Walmart Hire 16-Year-Olds?
Walmart’s hiring timeline varies depending on the position you are applying for. The company strives to keep its hiring process to 24 hours and always acts rapidly to fill vacant positions. You should expect to hear from them five to ten days after submitting your application.
Additionally, the employment process for recently opened stores may take up to 4 months following the official launch.
Does Walmart Have Part-Time Positions For 16-Year-Olds?
You can work at Walmart or another part-time job while attending school, so stop worrying if you’ve ever wondered if you could do both. Instead of focusing on skill sets, Walmart typically hires new employees solely on availability.
As a result, the organization is always on the lookout for those who lack experience but are open to receiving instruction.
After training, part-time workers can anticipate earning between $13 and $16 per hour.
Additionally, you can use unfilled shifts and even trade shifts with other employees if you work part-time. Does Walmart pierce ears.
Walmart Interview Questions For Teens
Depending on the position, Walmart interview questions may change. However, the most typical queries for 16-year-olds are as follows:
- Why should we recruit a 16-year-old?
- How do you respond to angry clients?
- Have you ever worked a job? If so, why did you leave your previous position?
- How do you handle low morale?
Wal-Mart Job Application
Potential employees can visit Walmart’s career page for the job application process.
Walmart employs individuals as young as 16 and constantly seeks temporary, part-time, full-time, and permanent staff members. Apply online or go to a job fair where the company is hiring right then and there if you want to work for this retail giant. Order a cake from Walmart.