Suppose you think that Aldi is less expensive than Walmart. So, Don’t worry, I am here to tell you what is the answer to this!. You go through this comparison:
Which is cheaper: ALDI or Walmart?
Aldi is a German-based grocery store chain. In the US and Europe, Aldi operates up to 10,000 stores.
According to 2021 sales, it’s about 555 billion dollars. Aldi’s company is headquartered in Essen, Germany. It was founded by brothers Karl and Theo Albrecht in 1946.
Aldi is not as popular as Walmart. But it costs up to very low prices than Walmart. Aldi produces private labeled products. And some brand names products.
That’s the main reason for Aldi’s low prices. But sometimes, Walmart is less expensive than Aldi. As for producing Seafood, then I prefer Walmart.
Overall, Aldi is less expensive than Walmart for a better shopping experience.
Price Comparison Methodology
Aldi and Walmart are both grocery chains. But there is some price difference. Because everyday prices are changing from time to time, they offer products at discounts.
But their pricing strategies are some bit different. I merely compared some prices of popular grocery items. And compare some private label items. Because of this, we will easily compare the products produced by Walmart as well as Aldi.
Everyone wants that they were shopping with a budget. And always see the discount stores for shopping if anyone’s choices are Walmart or Aldi. They always prefer Aldi. Because of their cheaper prices.
Here are the comparisons of grocery items and others.
Meat And Seafood
- Organic Grass Fed 85/15 price for Aldi is 5.15 and in Walmart is 5.87.
- Beef Stew Meat price for Aldi is 5.49/lb. And in Walmart is 6.98.
- Chuck Roast’s price for Aldi is 99/lb. And in Walmart is 6.47.
- Chicken breasts, 1 lb. price for Aldi is 1.89 and in Walmart is 2.08.
- 80/20 Ground Beef price for Aldi is 3.39 and in Walmart is 4.24.
- Fresh packaged salmon, 1 lb. price for Aldi is .79 and in Walmart is 7.64.
- Fresh tilapia price is $5.79/lb at Aldi; $6.91/lb at Walmart.
- Boneless center cut pork chops price in Aldi is $4.19/lb and in Walmart is $5.24/lb.
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Muffin, 4-count price in Aldi is 3.09 and Walmart is 3.97.
- Vanilla Ice Cream, 48 oz. The price in Aldi is 1.85 and in Walmart is 3.98.
- Flavored Ice Cream, 16 oz. price in Aldi is 09 and in Walmart is 4.38. (Ben and Jerry’s)
- Basic Veggie Burger, 10 oz. The price in Aldi is 99 and in Walmart is 2.98.
- Medium Cooked Shrimp, 12 oz. price in Aldi is 4.59 and in Walmart is 5.60.
- Chicken Nuggets, 29 oz. The Price in Aldi is 3.55 and in Walmart is 4.28 (32 oz.).
- Baby Carrots, 16 oz. The price in Aldi is .89 and in Walmart is .98.
- Bag Spinach, 8 oz. price in Aldi is 19 and in Walmart is 1.54.
- Red Grape’s price in Aldi is 1.55/lb. and in Walmart is 1.56/lb
- Strawberries, 1 lb. price in Aldi is 1.45 and in Walmart is 1.67.
- Pineapple price in Aldi is 1.49 and in Walmart is 1.68.
- All-Purpose Flour, 5 lb. price in Aldi is 15 and in Walmart is 1.22.
- Brown Sugar, 32 oz. The price in Aldi is 29 and in Walmart is 1.54.
- Baking Soda, 16 oz. The price in Aldi is .50 and in Walmart is .82.
- Baking Powder, 1 oz. The Price in Aldi is .99 and in Walmart is 1.12.
- Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet, 12 oz. price in Aldi is 1.69 and in Walmart is 1.74.
- Plain Potato Chips, 8 oz. price for Aldi is 35 and in Walmart is 1.23.
- Wavy Potato Chips, 10 oz. The Price for Aldi is 1.35 and in Walmart is 1.23.
- Plain Kettle Chips, 8 oz. price for Aldi is 1.29 and in Walmart is 33.
- Pretzel Minis, 16 oz. The Price for Aldi is 32 and in Walmart is 1.33.
- Tortilla Chips, 13 oz. The Price for Aldi is .92 and in Walmart is 1.74.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts, 16 oz. The Price for Aldi is 79 and in Walmart is 1.98.
Dairy And Eggs
- Skim Milk and Gallon price in Aldi is 2.97 and in Walmart is 78.
- Almond Milk, 64 oz. The price in Aldi is 79 and in Walmart is 1.86.
- Oat Milk, 64 oz. The Price in Aldi is 99 (.046/oz) and in Walmart is .086/oz.
- Eggs, regular, 12-ct price in Aldi is 31 and in Walmart is 1.53.
- Free Range Organic Eggs, 12-ct price in Aldi is 79 and in Walmart is 3.68.
- Butter, 16 oz. The price in Aldi is 99 and in Walmart is 2.98.
- Greek Yogurt, 32 oz. The price in Aldi is 3.29 and in Walmart is 3.47.
- Mayonnaise, 30 oz. price in Aldi is 75 and in Walmart is 1.94
- Whipped Dressing, 30 oz. price in Aldi is 1.89 and in Walmart is 1.98.
- Ranch Dressing, 16 oz. price in Aldi is 49 and in Walmart is .92
- Dill Spears Pickles, 24 oz. price in Aldi is 44 and in Walmart is 1.46
- Barbecue Sauce, 18 oz. The price in Aldi is .95 and in Walmart is .98.
- Soy Sauce, 15 oz. price in Aldi is 29 and in Walmart is 1.36.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 16.9 oz. The price in Aldi is 89 and in Walmart is 3.94.
- White Distilled Vinegar, 128 oz. The price in Aldi is 39 and in Walmart is 2.67.
Pasta And Grains
- Elbow Macaroni, 32 oz. price in Aldi is 1.89 and in Walmart is .1.64
- Mac & Cheese, 7.25 oz. price in Aldi is .34 and in Walmart is .34
- Gluten-Free Penne, 16 oz. price in Aldi is 89 and in Walmart is 2.98
- Jasmine Rice, 5 lbs. price in Aldi is5.45 (.069/oz) and Walmart’s is .077/oz.
Bread And Bakery
- Hot Dog Buns price in Aldi is .85 and in Walmart is .88.
- Hamburger Buns price in Aldi is .85 and in Walmart is .88.
- Tortillas (burrito size) price in Aldi is 29 and in Walmart is 2.17.
- Bagel Skinny’s price in Aldi is 2.59 and in Walmart is 3.48*.
- Loaf White Bread price in Aldi is .79 and in Walmart is.88.
- Loaf Whole Wheat Bread price in Aldi is 1.15 (sale), and Walmart is .88.
- Gluten-Free Bread price in Aldi is 05 and in Walmart is 5.54.
- The plain English Muffins price in Aldi is 15 and in Walmart is 1.18.
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls price in Aldi is 49 and in Walmart is 2.50.
ALDI remains cheaper than Walmart in every category, but…
Aldi remains cheaper than Walmart in every category. But Seafood has a cheap price in Walmart than in Aldi. Seafood is a very cheap item at Walmart. Walmart has the lowest prices for a can of black beans.
ALDI is slightly cheaper than Walmart: On Baking Items
Aldi is more affordable than Walmart in common grocery items. Like bakery and bread, perishable goods, and meat and dairy prices.
Walmart is slightly more expensive than ALDI: On Frozen Food Items
Yeah, Walmart is more expensive on Frozen food items than Aldi. On Aldi, it offers very lowest prices than Walmart.
I am concluding one thing here. That is not always Aldi is cheaper than Walmart for shoppers. On some items, Aldi is cheaper than Walmart, like Frozen foods etc. What Is A Walmart SKU?
And some items like Seafood are expensive in Aldi, which is the cheapest item in Walmart. Both companies are grocery selling chains. But in more cases, Aldi is cheaper than Walmart.