Whether you prepare a quick Facebook update for your business, publish news via tweet, make your product luxurious in an Instagram post – you need to do it in a quality manner. It is advisable to upload images of recommended sizes to all social networks.
For example, the LinkedIn banner size must be 552 pixels wide by 368 pixels high (or a 3:2 aspect ratio), not the other way around. Otherwise, they may lose quality when compressed or stretched, cropped randomly. Moreover, one should check the appearance of the images both on a computer and a smartphone — they often differ in size. It is especially true for profile photos, page covers, or events.
According to the Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 80% of marketers use visual images, and 63% use video. It is necessary to upload visual content of high quality and suitable size. This guide covers recommended image sizes to use on social media.
Facebook is the largest and most active social network in the world. It is well configured and has a sophisticated advertising system. All your images must look sharp and comply with the network specification. Facebook has released an official guide for the most important images you upload:
- profile picture size: 180 x 180
- image post size: 1200 x 630
- event image size: 1920 x 1005
- cover photo size: 820 x 312
- link image size: 1200 x 630
- messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
- group cover image size: 1640 x 856
- video size: 1280 x 720
- story ad size: 1080 x 1920
- maximum video length: 240 minutes
- image ad size: 1200 x 628
- Reels – 1080×1350
As Twitter’s growth has been limited over recent years, people are searching for Twitter bot services to maintain the growth rate. However, Twitter is still prevalent worldwide, featuring 330 million active users.
Here you need bright images to stand out in a fast-changing news feed:
- profile picture size: 400 x 400
- header size: 1500 x 500
- post image size: 1200 x 675
- Minimum card image size: 120 x 120
- video size: 720 x 720 pixels (square), 1280 x 720 pixels (landscape), 720 x 1280 pixels (portrait)
- maximum video length: 140 seconds
- ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait), length: 12 seconds
It is a social network, where marketers can indulge their inner photographer and filmmaker. Take the best of the three orientations for Instagram posts (square, landscape, and portrait). Choose the right one for your brand and compose your photos or videos accordingly:
- profile picture size: 110×110
- photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- video sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square) 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- carousel posts & ads: 1080 x 1080 (square) recommended, 1080 x 566 (landscape) and 1080 x 1350 (portrait) are also supported
- stories size: 1080 x 1920
- ads size: 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1080 (square)
- IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
- Reels and Live: 1080 x 1920
- IGTV Cover Photo Size: 420 x 654
LinkedIn isn’t as image-focused as Instagram or Pinterest, but uploading quality images to LinkedIn still pays off. A beautifully designed LinkedIn profile is an invaluable asset and a business card of your brand.
Recommended image sizes:
- profile picture size: 400 x 400
- post image size: 1200 x 1200 (square) 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- background photo size: 1584 x 396
- link post size: 1200 x 627
- video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- maximum video length: 10 minutes
- company logo size: 300 x 300
- cover photo size: 1128 x 191
- Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
- Business Banner image: 646 x 220
- image sizes for blog post link images: 1200 x 627
The platform sees more than 2 million users per month searching through its extensive collection of content. It is a great opportunity to present your content to a wide and growing global audience. Videos must look attractive to be competitive and get much-needed clicks. Here are all the image sizes you should be aware of:
- Profile photo size: 800 x 800
- Channel cover picture: 2560 x 1440 (desktop) and 1546 x 423 (smartphones)
- Thumbnail size: 1280 x 720
- Standard video: Minimum dimension is 426 x 240. Max dimension is 3840 x 2160, aspect ratio 16:9
Pinterest is probably being considered the favorite social media platform for referral links. About 444 million people use Pinterest every month.
Recommended Pinterest image sizes:
- Profile picture: 165 x 165
- Standard Pin size: Vertical images 1000 x 1500
- Board Display image: 222 x 150
- Video specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16), maximum 30 minutes
- Promoted carousels: image aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3, 1000×1000 or 1000×1500
- Story Pins image size: 1080 x 1920
Each social network has its own image size requirements. The principal thing is to observe the proportions and aspect ratio to make the images scale and display on the page correctly.
The mentioned templates will help you get rid of guesswork when choosing the size of your images for social networks. Their use will ensure the optimal display of your images without unwanted cropping or resolution problems.
Also have a look on relevant topics: