Your choice of a hosting provider will determine your website’s security, performance, and ultimately success. To say there are countless hosting services on the market would be the understatement of the century, and it doesn’t make this choice any easier.
Here are the most important things to look for when selecting your hosting service.
Fast Page Loading
Page load time is the time it takes for a web page to load. Obviously, it should be as little as possible because it affects your traffic. Visitors to your website (and potential customers) will get frustrated with a slow website and leave. A recent study showed that more than half of visitors go if the page takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Another critical factor is the uptime of the website. This is the amount of time a site is accessible and influences the amount of traffic. A site that isn’t up won’t help your business in any way. In fact, it will do damage.
Even half an hour of downtime means potential loss of income and profit. Uptime should be 100% in the best-case scenario. If this can’t be achieved, it should at least be close. Anything below 99.9% means it’s best to look elsewhere for a hosting service.
Last but not least, customer service is a significant factor to consider because helpful support will deal with website issues more efficiently. You are bound to have problems. Hosting companies usually offer ticket-based, chat, or phone support. The most important things to look for are high response speed and the team’s level of competence.
If you’re looking for reliable web hosting in Canada, you won’t be pressed for choice. Many excellent providers are available, such as Greengeeks, Web Hosting Canada, and HostPapa.
24/7 Support, Free SSL, and More
Greengeeks offer 24/7 support via e-mail, phone, and chat. You need the free SSL certificate for data encryption and security.
Below are some more features:
- 1-click installer – You can quickly set up your WordPress site.
- Auto updates – This is important in keeping your WordPress installation secure.
- Free site migration – You can move your existing site to SiteGround (they offer free assistance).
- Daily backup – You know that you can always restore your site’s content in times of trouble.
Indeed, GreenGeeks makes for a good option for a WordPress site host. It comes with excellent features and its eco-friendly approach will also enable you to do your part in preserving Mother Nature.
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
Web Hosting Canada guarantees 99.9% server availability. You can rely on the company to always keep your site online. Here’s what else they offer:
- Customer support – Their multilingual support team can be accessed 24/7 via e-mail (ticketing system), phone, and live chat.
- Thousands of WordPress themes – Having A LOT of themes and plugins will ensure that all your needed features are included in your website.
- Daily backups – Your site is automatically backed up, and earlier versions are easy to restore.
- CDN support – Your site’s content can be quickly accessed from anywhere in the world as they have a partnership with Cloudflare.
- Instant activation – Your account and website are immediately usable and functional when you purchase a plan
- Move your existing website to Web Hosting Canada for free (they offer free assistance).
WordPress Auto Installation
The hosting provider HostPapa offers zero-click WordPress installation. That means WordPress is automatically installed on your website. What else?
- Customer support – You can contact their support team via e-mail, phone, and live chat.
- 99.9% uptime commitment – They’re very reliable on their promised uptime.
- Free SSL – Your site will have that URL for security.
- Free migration – They’ll assist your site transfer and ensure no downtimes during the migration process.
- CDN – They use Cloudflare to store your content and distribute them faster in different locations worldwide.