Kroger might sometimes provide you with unique offers on even larger products, but you might be wondering what payment options they accept. Aside from cash, credit cards, and personal checks, there are various options to pay for your purchases in today’s digital world.
Digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay are being adopted by major retailers. You might be wondering if Kroger is among them. Keep reading to know about whether or not Kroger accepts Apple Pay.
Does Kroger Accept Apple Pay In 2022?
Kroger does not accept Apple Pay at any of its stores in 2022. Instead, customers can use their iPhones to pay at self-checkout counters. They can register using the Kroger Pay app. Kroger exclusively accepts credit and debit cards, American Express cards, personal checks, and cash as a method of payment.
How You Can Still Use Your iPhone To Pay At Kroger
Kroger Pay is a contactless mobile payment service. Kroger launched it in 2019 to give iPhone users a faster checkout experience.
A single-use QR code will be produced for you using Kroger Pay. Scan this QR code to securely transmit payment information from your mobile phone to the store’s PIN pad when checking out.
Kroger Pay securely connects a customer’s payment and loyalty card information for a faster and more convenient experience.
While it does not use NFC technology like Apple Pay, it is still a fantastic contactless payment option for iPhone customers.
Where Can I Use Kroger Pay?
You can also use Kroger Pay in-store at the following location:
- Attendant lane
- Participating in-store pharmacy checkout
- Beer, wine & liquor locations.
Kroger Pay is unavailable in Pharmacy drive-thru lanes, Kroger Fuel Centers, select independent businesses within Kroger stores, and other non-Kroger locations.
You should check with your chosen Kroger pick-up station to see if they take Kroger pay for pick-up and delivery.
How To Use Kroger Pay
You need to follow these instructions to use Kroger Pay:
- Create an account on the Kroger website.
- Download the Kroger Pay app on your phone. Maybe your local Kroger store does not take Kroger Pay. These Kroger stores serve a limited area or are located in a distant location. If Kroger Pay is not available at your location, you will receive a message.
- Otherwise, create a Kroger Pay account.
- Log in to your account using the same username and password you used to register on the Kroger website. The two entities are connected.
- You’ll need to enter a PIN or employ biometric security to authenticate yourself. For biometric authorization, you can utilize either facial recognition or your fingerprint.
- Set your Shopping List to the Kroger store where you usually shop. This list is treated as your mini-store. You can find your store by going to the app’s home page.
- Now you can enter the form of payment (you can also add more than one payment option). You can link your cards, bank account, and loyalty rewards card. All of your payment options will be presented to you when you access the digital wallet section of your account.
- Choose your favourite payment method and make it your default option. The app will deduct money from that payment method when you check out. You won’t need to carry your physical wallet to the store.
- When you’re ready to go shopping, go to the Kroger store you selected earlier in the app. You have the option to change stores at any moment.
- Take your phone and purchased items to a self-checkout lane or a cashier when you’re ready to check out.
- Now scan the generated QR code on the app before scanning your items. It can be done either by holding the screen over the item scanner or by handing it to the cashier to scan.
- After it has been successfully scanned, you can begin scanning your things. When you use a cashier lane, they will scan your products for you.
- After you’ve finished scanning your purchases, you’ll have the option of adding any coupons. Then you can review your order and pay for your things by pressing Mobile on the app. The app will transfer the payment, and your products will be ready for you to take home.
How Does Kroger Pay Affect Rewards?
You may wonder if you’ll miss out on rewards by using the Kroger Pay app as a loyalty member. It is not correct. Kroger Pay makes using your rewards easier. It also helps you earn more rewards.
As your loyalty account is linked to your Kroger Pay account, the two accounts share information. The Kroger Pay app notifies your loyalty account when you buy something that earns you rewards.
The loyalty membership informs the Kroger Pay app when you wish to use your reward points for something.
You have complete control over whether or not to use specific coupons or discounts.
How Secure Is Kroger Pay?
You might be concerned about the security of Kroger Pay transactions as you’re paying with an app rather than an actual card or cash.
The good news is that they’re exceptionally safe. Kroger spends a lot of money to protect its data because they are a corporation. The information on your phone isn’t disclosed either when you scan it. Your card and accompanying data are represented by a token at Kroger. The token is then recognized by the scanner, and the payment is processed correctly. It’s far safer than swiping a card on a terminal that could be compromised.
What Payment Methods Does Kroger Accept?
Like many other large grocery shops, Kroger takes credit and debit card such as American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. At Kroger, you can pay with cash, personal checks, WIC cards, and SNAP/EBT cards.
Kroger also said it was considering introducing other payment options like Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, mobile banking apps, and other contactless payment systems.
Other Contactless Payment Methods That Kroger Accepts
- Scan, Bag, Go: Customers can scan their items with their mobile device and pay using the Kroger app utilizing the Scan, Bag, Go technology.
- SNAP/EBT benefits: You can order groceries for delivery or free pick-up via the Kroger mobile app or Kroger.com if you have SNAP/EBT benefits. You can pay with your SNAP/EBT card at pick-up. Make sure to check out with EBT.
What Stores Accept Apple Pay?
The following is the list of stores and merchants that accept Apple Pay:
- Apple Store
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Ace Hardware
- Pizza Hut
- Chili’s Grill & Bar
- Coca-Cola’s Vending Pass
- Kohl’s Rewards
- Panera Bread
Can You Switch Payments After Making A Purchase On Kroger Pay?
After completing a Kroger App transaction, you might discover that you used the incorrect card. You must visit the Kroger Customer Service desk if you wish to transfer the transaction to a different card after paying. They can transfer the transaction to your preferred credit card.
Make sure your default payment is set to the proper card to prevent this from happening again.
Can You Use Apple Pay At Kroger Pharmacies?
You can’t use Apple Pay to pay for your prescriptions at Kroger pharmacies. You can only use a digital mobile wallet.
To use a digital wallet at a Kroger pharmacy, you only need to sign up for Kroger Pay. However, not every drugstore drive-through accepts Kroger Pay purchases. If you wish to pay for your prescriptions with a digital wallet, you’ll have to step inside the store.
Can You Use Apple Pay At Kroger Gas Stations?
You need to either use your debit or credit card, cash, or other forms of payment at Kroger gas stations as they do not accept Apple Pay.
Conclusion – Does Kroger Take Apple Pay
Kroger accepts various payment methods, both online and in-store. It does not accept Apple Pay.
When shopping at Kroger, you can use alternative contactless payment options such as SNAP/EBT cards, Kroger pay, and Scan, Bag, Go technology.
Kroger pay is simple and secure and uses a QR code to link payment information to a customer’s loyalty account.